Dec 14, 2011

On My Bookshelf : Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Posted by Emily at Wednesday, December 14, 2011

THE REVISED EDITION of this review, I apologize for this being taken off of reviews for a bit, but I wanted to revise it.
This Book Was: Bought by me.
(I bought this book from Amazon, and am currently trying to exchange my copy- it was sent to me with one page cut in half!)

To those whom do not know, this is the second book in The Mortal Instruments series, sister-series to The Mortal Instruments, it's followed by Clockwork Princess, to be published in about a year, and before it is Clockwork Angel.
I'm a die-hard fan of Cassandra Clare, I pre-ordered Clockwork Prince back in October or November, and have been anxiously waiting for it since then.
When I received my copy(Collector's First Edition!) I promptly dropped everything and read it.
It continues the story of sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray, who crossed the ocean to find her brother after her Aunt's death, but instead, she finds stele-wielding Demon Killers who call themselves Shadow Hunters, and a guy named Mortmain whom wants to make her his bride, and somehow 'created her'.
There's quiet, gentlemanly Jem, who is slowly dying, and Will, whom is like a pretty piece of glass that against your instincts you lean down to touch..
And next thing you know your finger's all cut.
And Tessa is in love with both of them.
And then there's the subject of Will's family being connected to the Magister, and the curse upon Will...
And Tessa is trying to figure out the secret of her parents....
And a secret about Nate is revealed..
And Jessamine whom may or may not be connected to the Magister(read the book to find out about all this!)
This has another cliff-hanger ending.. which is good, and bad, as the next book won't be out till September of 2013! Oh well, i'll have to look for more amazing books to fill my time... or die of Cassandra Clare withdrawal.
I am anxiously waiting for the last book in the trilogy, and hope, like she did with her other series, The Mortal Instruments, Cassandra Clare will write more books in this series, The Infernal Devices.
Amazing, awe-striking, Spectacular, are three words i'd use to describe this book.
I wish I could give it 1 gazzilion stars, but i'll have to settle with giving it five out of five, and waiting anxiously until Clockwork Princess, the last book, comes out!
-Emily at onemilysbookshelf.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. lol i like the review good writing ill have to follow you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa for himself she’d likely be handed over to him without the protection of the Shadowhunters she had begun to consider her family. Besides trying to locate the Magister, Will has his own problems and the only person that can help him is warlock Mangus Bane. With Will’s ever occurring mood swings, Tessa finds herself growing closer to Jem. Clockwork Prince is a fabulous steampunk novel filled with action that will keep you turning the page and a love triangle that will leave you with your heart broken in a thousand pieces and ready to explode with happiness at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slow to the bandwagon when it comes to Cassandra Clare, I've just read City of Bones and I loved it! Now on to City of Ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her! She's such a great author and so funny!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review