Feb 23, 2012

On My Bookshelf: The Girl In The Park by Mariah Fredericks

Posted by Emily at Thursday, February 23, 2012

On My Bookshelf: The Girl In The Park by Mariah Fredericks
Source: RandomBuzzers Ambuzzador Program
Format: ARC
Pagecount: 224 pages
Publication Date: April 24 2012
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary: 
When Wendy Geller's body is found in Central Park after the night of a rager, newspaper headlines scream,"Death in the Park: Party Girl Found Strangled." But shy Rain, once Wendy's best friend, knows there was more to Wendy than just "party girl." As she struggles to separate the friend she knew from the tangle of gossip and headlines, Rain becomes determined to discover the truth about the murder. Written in a voice at once immediate, riveting, and utterly convincing, Mariah Frederick's mystery brilliantly exposes the cracks in this exclusive New York City world and the teenagers that move within it.
My Review:
This is an amazing mystery, I rank it right up there with 'Nancy Drew'. It leaves you guessing until the last few pages, where it was revealed that my assumptions on the murderer were wrong.
It's an amazing mystery(I know i've said this before, it's just so amazing, it's the truth) that is a must-read. 
The first few pages didn't hook me, but I was addicted really early in, and found myself rooting for Rain and Wendy, and hoping irrationally that Wendy would somehow rise from the dead(you just get really attached to her).
I cannot stress how amazing this book is, you MUST read it. It's amazing.
Go add this to your GoodReads to-read, Amazon wishlist, etc., right now, because i'm sure you will love it as much as I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review