Feb 2, 2012

On My Bookshelf: The Green by Karly Kirkpatrick

Posted by Emily at Thursday, February 02, 2012

This book was: I received an e-book review copy from the author.
I rate this book: 5/5 stars
Publication Date: January 15, 2012
Summary: How far would you go to save your dream?
Seventeen-year-old Ariceli Pisa is a senior at the prestigious Cambridge High School and has her sights set on Northwestern University. She's a cheerleader, a member of the National Honor Society...and a drug dealer. That's not the only secret she has to keep from her best friend Naomi--she’s also madly in love with Naomi’s ex-boyfriend, James Bartlett. Trying to balance her life at Cambridge High with her new demanding job keeps her teetering on the edge of disaster.

My Review:
I absolutely loved this book. You found yourself rooting for the main character from the very beginning, hoping she earns enough to pursue her dreams, to finish her school year, and move on to the college of her dreams.
I was a bit skeptical about this at first, I was like, a book about a teenager dealing drugs, the good girl dealing drugs? Unrealistic. But I was sucked into this, and just got the review copy yesterday, so I sped through the story.
The story was told uniquely, on an issue that many books don't speak about- as i've said, a teenager dealing drugs so her family can stay in their crummy basement apartment.
I also liked the boy she liked, James Bartlett, I thought he was adorable, and very well-written- I could imagine him sitting in my living room, he was that real.
Overall, I loved this book, and reccomend it to everyone- sorry my review isn't longer, but it's hard to talk about this book without giving away things!
But I can tell you one thing: right now, buy this book. It's amazing. Although, you should be 14+ or mature, since it does have strong language&drug theme.

Also, in anywhere from the next few minutes through the next hour, i'll be putting up a giveaway for an e book copy, so check back to enter that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review