Mar 1, 2012

On My Bookshelf: Explorer: The Mystery Boxes by Kazu Kibuishi and various other artists/authors.

Posted by Emily at Thursday, March 01, 2012

On My Bookshelf: Explorer: The Mystery Boxes by Kazu Kibuishi and various other artists/authors. 
Source: Publisher
Format: Hardcover
Pagecount: 128 pages
Publication Date: March 1st 2012
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary: Seven clever stories answer one simple question: what’s in the box?
Funny, fantastic, spooky, and suspenseful, each of these unique and beautifully illustrated short graphic works revolves around a central theme: a mysterious box and the marvels—or mayhem—inside.
My Review:  I have very mixed feelings about graphic novels- every one I have read I’ve either loved or hated, with much much less of the earlier.
But this one surprisingly falls into the earlier, and it’s a book I didn’t think I would enjoy.
The art is just beautiful, the stories are cute, funny, at times even serious, all rolled up together, and Raina Telgemeier, my favorite graphic novelist, author of ‘Smile’, contributed, so that was a huge plus.
I highly recommend this novel, and think that you will love it as much as I do- this book is so beautiful, funny, serious and cute. It’s just… wow, I absolutely love this book!
I actually received this on the 21st of February, and meant to skim through a few pages, and had it done that night- it was that spell-binding.
Since today is the release date, you should go to Barnes’s and Noble, go straight to the children’s section, then walk out with this book fifteen minutes later- or, if you're a slow walker, ESPECIALLY at Barnes and Noble, like me, then walk out with this and 20 other books three hours later, when you meant to get this one book and walk out fifteen minutes later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review