Feb 11, 2012

On My Bookshelf: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Posted by Emily at Saturday, February 11, 2012
I got this book: an awesome person named Jeniffer(thanks Jen!) gifted it to me as an R.A.K!
Publication Date: November 15, 2011
I rate this book: 5 million/5
Summary:
"You can't touch me," I whisper.
I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own.
After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

My Review: I started this book right after I received it, decided to crack it open, read the first few pages and see if it's good as everyone says. Well, it's not as good as everyone says.
It’s better!!
I thought I’d stop reading after one or two pages- well, that didn’t happen.
Because, for one I have no restraint when it comes to books. None. And secondly, this book is so... so utterly engrossing.
So different from all the other books out there… spunky, romantic, yet full of action!
It’s a read that truly keeps you on the edge of your seat until the final page, and even then, you aren’t allowed to sit up, because (thank god, or Buddha, or whatever miracle-granter you believe in) it’s the first in a SERIES! Yay!
I just loved this book so much more than words can describe… it’s… wow.
It just blew me away, I loved it so much!
Best. Book. In. The. Universe!!!!!
I can’t say anything more without giving away plot twists & those multiple exclamation points look fine in word but I’m sure they’ll look childish on the blog, so before I embarrass myself further, I’m going to end this review, so you can go and RUN, DON’T WALK, to your nearest bookstore & buy this awe striking book!!!

4 comments:

  1. I really really loved Shatter me in the beginning, until the twist, then it was all ruined for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is AMAZING. Seriously. Not only the characters and story-line, but even just the way it was written--it's so clever and really enhances the feel of story. Really fantastic. Also, I don't know how I never knew about this blog, but I'm thrilled to have found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this book and the other, Unravel Me (Right...?) And I've heard more and more about it recently, too. So I definitely think this needs to go on my To Read List. Like.. right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review