Feb 11, 2012

On My Bookshelf: Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby

Posted by Emily at Saturday, February 11, 2012
I got this book: an ARC from the publisher in exchange for this review
Publication Date: February 28th, 2012
I rate this book: 5/5
Summary: 
Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.

My Review:
I adored this book- it's cute, funny and sweet, with lots of twists and turns you're not expecting at all- it's an amazing read, and I highly recommend it.

But it does take a while to grab your attention- for the first 20 pages, I honestly just read it because it had a cute cover, and it didn't grab my attention until about 20 pages in, but then, it held it and didn't let go.



I highly recommend this book, and if you pre-order it, you won't regret it- it's just so sweet and funny, and the cover is just so adorable! <3

And, as an added plus, the cover isn't just adorable it... *drumroll* does that rare thing where it actually looks like the character should, and echoes the mood of the book, since Zo Jo, as her nickname is, is half-japanese, sixteen but looks younger, and is in the paparazzi business- the cover says all this, if you look a bit closely, you can see the other paparazzi standing behind her- amazing, right? And the heart is just adorable and- oh, just go buy yourself a copy, this book is amazing! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review