Sep 22, 2014

On My Bookshelf : The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges

Posted by Emily at Monday, September 22, 2014
Title: The Gathering Storm

Author: Robin Bridges
Rating: 3.5/5
Publication Date: January 10th, 2012
Summary: St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.

An evil presence is growing within Europe's royal bloodlines—and those aligned with the darkness threaten to topple the tsar. Suddenly Katerina's strength as a necromancer attracts attention from unwelcome sources . . . including from two young men.

The time has come for Katerina to embrace her power, but which side will she choose—and to whom will she give her heart?
My review: I feel a little late to the party on this book - it was published in 2012 - but I decided I would still review it, because it was a good book.
I found this book enthralling, but I also found it to drag quite a bit - I felt like not too much happened in the beginning, and then when it did happen, it all happened at once. A lot of information was dumped on the reader at once, which made it hard for me to remember what was what , which led to lots of confusion throughout the book. I did enjoy it, despite the parts that dragged, and I do recommend reading it if you, like me, love paranormal books and historical fiction - it even slips in some French words here and there, which is fun for books.
Overall, if you can handle a slow pace for the first quarter or so of the book, and like historical and paranormal books, I recommend it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review