Sep 13, 2014

On My Bookshelf : The Beautiful and The Cursed by Page Morgan

Posted by Emily at Saturday, September 13, 2014
Book : The Beautiful and The Cursed by Page Morgan
Expected Publication Date : 
Rating : 5/5 stars
Short summary(from Goodreads) : After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid’s twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn’t a house at all. It’s an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn’t dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she’ll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried

Review :
If you love The Infernal Devices trilogy, you will love this book.
I've had my copy for forever, but when I first started it, it didn't capture my attention, so I shelved it until yesterday, when that beautiful cover caught my eye. 
Less than 24 hours later, I've turned the last page, and I still am thinking about the beautiful description and the beautiful world Page Morgan created inside this book. 
You will find yourself spell-bound from the first page to the last page, unable to stop turning pages.
I can't think of too much to say other than it's awesome, amazing, and if you love the nineteenth century, Paris, gargoyles, interesting characters, or good books, you will love this book. Do yourself a favor and go read it - I need to go hunt down a copy of the second book as soon as I get my allowance. 

1 comments:

  1. I started the Mortal Instruments series YEARS ago and never made it past the third chapter. It just wasn't for me, at all. However! This book sounds really good and something I might have to give a try!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review