Sep 26, 2013

On My Bookshelf : Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles

Posted by Emily at Thursday, September 26, 2013
Book : Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles
Expected Publication Date : October 1st, 2013
Rating : 5/5 stars
Short summary(from Goodreads)After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Review : I normally really don't read much contemporary, I prefer supernatural and paranormal, things that go bump in the night, demons and all that stuff, you guys can tell from my review archive the amount of contemporary I've read is minimal at best.
Sadly, I probably would have never read this unless I got it at BEA, I'm so glad I did! Someone mentioned there was a galley drop at a booth halfway across the BEA floor, I was in line for a signing at the time, and a few book bloggers who were also in line were complaining about how they wanted it, and so I had them hold my place in line and I ran up and nabbed a few copies of Wild Cards. I gave a couple to the bloggers who held my place in line, and kept one, and have another for a giveaway I will be holding soon(more on that later this week or next week!).
OK, so now to the actual review!
This book was really, really good. It's one of those books that you can't stop reading and you need to keep reading and don't want to put it down, I even read through dinner once with it, which is something I never do. It hooked me at the first chapter, and made me keep reading.
It also has a lot of character development, I loved the characters and felt like Ms. Elkeles did an amazing job with them, they were like real people, it was truly a treat to read.
This book is highly recommended to y'all, it really was one of the best books I've read in 2013, and I'm 99% sure it is the first book in a series(I didn't know this until I saw it on Goodreads, haha), and if it is, I will definitely be buying the other books as soon as they come out.
Sorry if my review wasn't very good, this is the first one I've wrote in a month or two so I'm still a bit rusty, haha, I will close though with again telling you guys you have to read this, I highly recommend it!
Did you read this book?
Do you want to read it?
Sound off in the comments below, I love reading them!

1 comments:

  1. Hey, So i am a huge fan of Simone's I have six books of hers. i have to be honest about something i like the first two books out of the Perfect Chemistry trilogy. i fell in love with alex and Brittany. and Carlos and Kara but i didn't really care for the third book . i read leaving paradise two books, was pretty good . but wasn't like perfect chemistry. last I read how to ruin series. the first book was good but short. I didnt really like the main character, she was kinda whiney and bitchy,but you grow to like her a little. I want to get the book . i don't know if i should read it from the library or buy my own copy. i do love stocking up new books on my floor. i love books. i am a huge fan of Richelle Mead, i started reading two summers ago 2011 because i kept seeing VA series on the shelf at library and at bookstore, i just didn't like the title. vampires who go to school. I read the twilight series. i obsessed over it but now that i think about it , it was kinda cheesy romance and pathetic for a girl risk her life because of a guy , and want to become a vampire. and who is awkward weird to the point. its just weird. She is anti-social. people was trying to get to know her and she kinda curled up and hide until the cullins came around.idk i dont get it. But I really do love Richelle meads books. i read all her books, except one series i cant remember the name, but you should read them
    #VAseries
    spinoff #Bloodlines three books are out now, the fiery heart fourth book will be out in November of this year. better read it , i love the stories .
    #GeorginaKincaidseries adult books
    you said you like paranormal demons/vampires you will like them if you have read her books yet.
    i am sure read them. I am pretty much a toddler compare to fans who loved Richelle book from the start. Simone Elkeles came first for me. I love her books i like contemporary. but i love supernatural romance more. I am going through a stage.
    I cant wait to read Simone Elkeles book .

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, and it makes me so freakishly happy to get the alert that I have a new one, so thank you!

(c) by Emily Trunko. Anything copied, including short quotations, must have a linkback. Powered by Blogger.
 

On Emily's Bookshelf Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review